Is Mobile Internet going to take over? …. Again?
With CES happening earlier this month, discussions of the latest “smart phone/device” and how the new device will enhance Mobile Internet is back in everyone’s mind. Take a look at some of these articles:
- Mobile Internet is not affected by the financial crisis
- Nielsen: Mobile Video Usage Small But Growing
- Palm Unveils iPhone Competitor, the Pre
- New Survey on Teen Cell Phone Use
So is 2009 finally going to be the year where Mobile Internet surpass the typical “Desktop Internet”?
- There are many more mobile devices in the world than desktop PCs (and probably laptops combined).
- Newer devices are more and more behaving like PCs (Web browsing, documents, images, video, etc).
- Prices are more affordable for these smart phones.
- Teens use their phone more than ever (79% of all teens have a mobile device).
- Most (if not all) carriers are now offering unlimited data and messaging plans.
So what’s the hold up? Besides the economy, maybe there isn’t one :).
At PINT, more than ever we are creating mobile sites for our clients.
Accessibility on the Modern Web
There’s been a lot of buzz in the news lately about accessibility, specifically in reference to the dozens of ADA lawsuits that seem to be more and more...
Key Considerations for Investor Relations Websites
Creating an Investor Relations page that grabs the attention of various shareholders and instills confidence in your business is a crucial part of your company’s...
Human-Centered Web Design Begins with UX Research
At PINT, one of the first things we do when we start a web design project is determine what kind of design and marketing research...
Tell us about your project
Drop us a quick message to let us know how we can help you get started on your next project today!